Thursday, May 21, 2009

this little light of mine....

I haven't got to blog about the last 2 nights services. Tuesday night I didn't get to really focus on the message because I was taking care of my son (which is an awesome little man) and had to leave during the best part...the prayer time. Last night was the night it was different. We had an acoustic worship service and then got in a huge circle and had this open floor discussion time. Last night, we had the most attend...27 people. That doesn't sound like a lot of people or a big thing, but just to come to a random service that not too many people knew about; in downtown Waxahachie; in a youth center, The Pump, to just meet God and pray about missions and where you belong in missions.

I know not everyone is called to be a long-term missionary or even a short-term missionary...but I believe that mission trips are something that we all need to be apart of someway to do what God said. On the flipside of that...I know that the US is becoming a country that needs God and is turning into our own missions field. It's always been our missions field but it's getting worse and worse in today's culture.

I do know this, God is still doing work around us in the US and in the world. I believe He is preparing a totally different type and "brand" of workers to finish out the work before He comes for us. This generation has seen more than most older people have seen in a lifetime. I know the kids that I come in contact with has seen more than me and I'm only 26. It's redonkulous to hear what they are going through and I can totally see why they are running to the crap they're getting in. That's why we need to reach these kids so they can reach out to others.

This little light of mine...sometimes our light is too light or even no light at all until we are at church or around church friends. We need to have our light shining at all times and be ready to share our light. The picture that I posted with this blog is the world at night with the city lights. You can tell where the big cities are and where the smaller less lit cities. We as Christians need to have our light shining and been seen like the lights in big cities. That's one lesson that we will always be learning and striving to achieve.

...this light light of mine, we need to let it shine...not hiding it from the world. God at least deserves that from us.

1 comment:

  1. look at trinkle bein all insightful and stuff...haha but ur right, we r the next generation of followers, and we have seen alot, but i think you forgat its ur generation that has showed us these things... think on that lol

    ReplyDelete